DBT #193 Daisy Jones Inspired

 


Of course I hope no one from Amazon sues me for cropping this picture into this blog post, I'm here to tell you should go watch the 10 episodes if you love 70's rock and roll and life on the road, go watch this show... here read more.  Sure it has all the hooks to make you love and hate the characters, and it takes you back to 70's so I thought what could I find in my library to remember and bring me back into years the show was staged.  This is only the music on my computer so do tell me of all the songs I should look up.

For those of you who haven't watched it, here's the trailer (maybe that way they'll forgive me for using the picture)

Added later to this post, I did find all the songs played during the show in the background... Click here, at least I got Carole King in my list too.  Now let's start with many people saying this is a fiction story wrapped around Fleetwood Mac, so they need to be in the list and start it off.  

1) Monday Morning - Fleetwood Mac

Love to find a live recording that brings me back into the show, so is this Billy without Daisy?


2) Keep the Customer Satisfied - Simon & Garfunkel

So to make this playlist I asked my music for my 70's music.. this song so fits the show.  While in the depths of break ups, drug over doses, or even unabated love.. they mostly kept their customers satisfied if they got the gig.  The video also captures a real live huge audience.  I can only imagine what it was like to stage that final concert in the show.


3) Never Going Back Again - Fleetwood Mac

I guess here's Billy again.. great song.


4) Bend in the Water - Gordon Lightfoot

While the show doesn't spend a lot of time in Pittsburgh, you know these boys fished and here's another 70's gem that makes the playlist fun.


5) Brother, Brother - Carole King

Oh my I loved how Daisy and Simone evolved in this story and this song another generational fit reminds me of the connections in the show.. I don't want to give away too many secrets.


6) How Long - Dire Straits

Maybe I wanted to fit my love for Dire Straits into this playlist, it's close to the right generational sound but come on the lyrics are perfect for Daisy and Billy.

How long, how long baby, how long has it been?How long you gonna keep me wondering?How long before you see stalling me was wrong?How long?

7) You Turn Me On I'm a Radio - Joni Mitchel

The heat between Daisy and Billy had to have this song playing in the background in real life, if their life was real.  During the show it's such a toss back in time to remember what it was like to just listen to the radio too.


8) Another Day - Deidre McCalla

After I met Deidre McCalla at FARM she intrigued enough for me to buy her vinyl released in 1977.  This song and sexual freedom so matches Simone in this show, and all I can say is maybe ask her to share it some way... I love it and this was one of her songs on the record and not a cover.

9) The Late Show - Jackson Browne

Ok Jackson paints so many twists and turns in the show, I'm sure he might have run into them and maybe opened for The Six.


10) Second Hand News - Fleetwood Mac

Of course we need to end playlist with Stevie Nicks so looking like Daisy Jones; of course it was Daisy who was channeling Stevie.


Here's your ONE Click playlist in YouTube for you ease of listening.




Next steps:

- Stop over to the Review page to my other most spinned and loved albums.
- Browse the rest of the blogs by stopping at this "Theme Page."
- Enjoy Tune Tuesday which brings you one song from a past blog post.
- See what other post have been most popular recently with our Stats Page.
- Find out who in the world thinks he has the authority to write this blog in the About.
- Let me answer why you won't find the playlists on Spotify here.
- Finally, the Mission page explains why there is no advertising cluttering the page.

If you use Facebook, we have a page that will help you remember to read the next post.

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!