DBT #222 Animal Communicator - Robin Beinemann


Back at FARM I had a chance Robin Bienemann and his lovely Jenny in some of the private showcases, and boy were they fun.  Jenny is a beauty in her long flowing hair, while Robin has an IRS accountant vibe and seems to love play this "married up" into his clever and funny writing.  Robin loves to spoof himself with this song that isn't on the album:

Robin came back in my mind when I saw that Robin's recent live concert was added to the Kerrville Folk Fest Bandcamp, and it got me thinking that I don't listen enough to the album I own.  So that brings us to this 2021 album I bought a month after FARM; and in sharp contrast to last week's Mike Ward's sincere album on love.  Robin hits on love in a much different way, so sit back and enjoy smiling.

1) TMI

Softly Robin sets up this song with a country shuffle, but soon the surgery scars come out.  I'm pretty sure that's Jenny ooh and ahhing in the the chorus.


2) Animal Communicator 

Not sure how Robin hooked with her because she's got a lot going on.  Robin can write a little sassy, but you have to read closely, lucky for us he's put the lyrics in Bandcamp:

I like everything about her but she’s
Booked up solid through December.
I’d like to find a way to climb to the top her agenda.


3) More Love

Hey this is being posted during Pride Month, Robin's song is perfect.  More love in this world is a good thing, and Robin examines it from all angles.  


Here's you chance to meet Robin & Jenny



4)  Relapse

If you think Robin is soon going to have a normal song in this album, not yet he brings out his white man's rap.


5) Cowboy Boots

Now this feels like a comfortable little ditty until Robin is completely naked except his cowboy boots.  I would love to talk to wife what he's like to live with?  But I might ask the question if she's wearing cowboy boots too.



6) DDT

Yep a good protest song about the evils DDT, love the guitar lick hook and the chorus.


7) Where did the Dodo Go?

A little clever history lesson, oh the birds lived on.


8) Sloane's Urania

Robin's subject this time and an extinct bug, where does he come up with these subjects?  Where he sometimes sings so romantically about a bug that could kill him if it were still alive; unless he stepped on it.


Funny the songs I'm finding in YouTube, and now I know it was written for "Remembrance Day for Lost Species"- another who knew that existed.



9)  Chick Magnet

This is one of the songs that I saw him play at FARM, and why I started the review with a comparison between his appearance and his wife's.


10) Polly Amorous

"polyamorous is characterized by or involved in the practice of engaging in multiple romantic (and typically sexual) relationships, with the consent of all the people involved."

In this case Robin's subject Polly, has a lot of fun in her life; no double entendre necessary here it's her life.


11)  Hey Haikuer

Not sure what his wife Jenny first thought of this song since she publishes a Haiku email weekly.


12) Download

Download has that feel it could be a normal song until you kind of suspect Robin's humor has the group of three and there's a mushroom cloud.


13) Undone

Here's kind of a normal song, just a little jazz piece as Robin captures life undone:

Dishes. Shoe laces.
Books with five hundred pages.
The laundry increases.
Puzzles with five hundred pieces.
Forgive me for all I leave undone.
Undone. Undone.
My senses are heightened, I know,
Like a child with a kite.
Beguiled by light and shadow.

Forgive me for all I leave undone.
Undone. Undone.
I’m sorry my progress is slow,
And the laundry’s still piled.
Beguiled by light and shadow.



Next steps:

- Stop over to the Review page to my other most spinned and loved albums.
- Browse the rest of the blogs by stopping at this "Theme Page."
- Enjoy Tune Tuesday which brings you one song from a past blog post.
- See what other post have been most popular recently with our Stats Page.
- Find out who in the world thinks he has the authority to write this blog in the About.
- Let me answer why you won't find the playlists on Spotify here.
- Finally, the Mission page explains why there is no advertising cluttering the page.

If you use Facebook, we have a page that will help you remember to read the next post.


The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!