DBT #224 Monday Morning Song - Everything I Wanted by Beth Bombara


Good Morning since the last two MMS have been break up songs, here is a little ditty that can put a positive shot in the arm for the rest of the week.  Last week I decided if I am to own all of Beth Bombara's music why not have a vinyl too?  It'll look so good in the collection.  So by pre-ordering it I got two songs of the album.  Plus Beth was on my mind seeing her booked at Moccasin Creek Festival last weekend.  We loved it last year, maybe next we'll travel the seven hours again.

This shakes it up and is definitely a good throwback to the sound I grew up too.  So enjoy the sunshine, now after this song please realize you likely have most everything you want to except for some Beth Bombara music.  Here's how Beth describes the song, plus the lyrics.

I get to chat with a lot of different types of people on a regular basis. A commonality that’s come up in these conversations is many of us have been taught that acquiring that next thing (money, job, car, house, vacation, etc) will finally fulfill & satisfy us. Every time I get the next thing, I’m fulfilled for a little while, until I realize that there’s something else to acquire. Then my satisfaction vanishes, and the cycle repeats.

lyrics

Didn’t mean to keep you so late when we got talking in the kitchen
Quarter to one, comparing notes on how we make a living

You said money is fine, but I can’t buy time to think it over
Cause it don’t add up, always putting off the best until you’re older

Ooooh, I’ve got everything I wanted
Ooooh, cause I got what I need

Rolling up my sleeves, cause I look around and everything is broken
And I’m not here just to sit around and watch a slow erosion

you said “Money is time” but that dollar sign ain’t getting any younger
And I don’t need much, cause a little of our love can start a fire

Ooooh, I’ve got everything I wanted
Ooooh, cause I got what I need

credits

license


Beth has been teasing a new video is coming soon, if it is on this song; I'll replace this audio video.



If you say to yourself this is great, but can I listen to more Monday Morning Songs?  Sure, click HERE.

I hope this makes the blog a little more accessible, and you get a chance to find music.  Remember even if these songs might not have been just released, #MusicHasNoExpirationDate it just sits on the shelf into you discover it, taste it, and fall in love with it.

Next steps if you have time:

- Browse the rest of the blogs by stopping at this "Theme Page."
- Enjoy Tune Tuesday which brings you one song from a past blog post.
- See what other post have been most popular recently with our Stats Page.
- Find out who in the world thinks he has the authority to write this blog in the About.
- Let me answer why you won't find the playlists on Spotify here.
- Finally, the Mission page explains why there is no advertising cluttering the page.

If you use Facebook, we have a page that will help you remember to read the next post.




The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!