DBT #274 Shake


 I know, I know; after Bandcamp Friday and adding six hours of music to the library I should be focusing on that BUT I have three fun playlists stashed to talk about.  SHAKE came to mind because this week while sorting, filing, and importing CDs (yes they were a mess and I found some not in my Discogs yet); I ran into this note inside Samantha Farrell's "Luminous." Yes we became friends on MySpace years ago this cd was released in 2009, and is only now available on Bandcamp digitally.  Sam wrote the best Shake song that was an inspiration for this playlist.

With a playlist of 16 songs, I'm going to go straight to YouTube with the exception that I want to highlight a few you can buy on Bandcamp.


Track one is a wonderful CD and the song is in the YT playlist below, and track two is not in YT but I found it Bandcamp.  That's what happens when you get Noisetrade sampler packs I guess.   I put Brooke on my wishlist.


Track Three Red Light Shakedown is by my favorite gypsy jazz group from the Twin Cities The Gentleman's Anti-Temperance League though I loved them more with the Kellie as in this video. (right opposite of the last one - No BC but this awesome video)


Next up great blues by our Winona friend Mike Munson, you can get this in Bandcamp.


Rachel Sumner's Shake and Shiver is so much fun :


Keri Power's Shake & Bake was a Monday Morning song and has some more great blues to it.


A couple of sweet jug band songs by Maria Muldura and Devil in a Woodpile and we come to Samantha's Shake.  We covered this song in Rose River for many years with Shelly Peterson taking lead, and it was a favorite in the car with the day care kids were being transported around town.


I love Sam got her niece to dance with her on a roof to the studio version.


I have never heard Sam live yet so these two videos intrigued me.  This one has great sound quality.



The full band is here is kind of drowning out the vocals, but it's fun.


Now I have no idea how this song got into my library, so I'm going to blame my son Dustin.  It was added in 2011 and sure keep it in the playlist it's fun.


Shake me Down by Caged Elephant is another one I'm going to credit sharing my iTunes library with my son Dustin. I told him that I could afford to buy music, don't just steal it.


Ah... back home to a Dylan song, one from his rocking album.


I couldn't find Steve Gillette and Cindy Mangsen singing Shake Sugaree so how about Steep Canyon Rangers


While the studio version has more folky feel with the fiddle in Old Soul Society's "Shake the Blues Away" it's fun to see Derek Ramnarace and Joe Gantzer rocking it out live.

Here's the studio version on Bandcamp:



I bought Andy Allo's music in iTunes, and boy I wish she would put out more. Plus I'm hoping for Season four of Upload that she stars in... (yes she was also Prince's girlfriend for a while.)


Yes, you can't have a Shake playlist without Taylor Swift's "Shake it Off"... can you believe it I don't own that song yet.  But I own this great cover, and the lady on the left is staring into my soul and isn't that Matthew McConaughey on tambourine?


Here's your one click YouTube Playlist


Next blog steps:

- Stop over to the Review page to my other most spinned and loved albums.
- Browse the rest of the blogs by stopping at this "Theme Page."
- Enjoy Tune Tuesday which brings you one song from a past blog post.
- See what other post have been most popular recently with our Stats Page.
- Find out who in the world thinks he has the authority to write this blog in the About.
- Let me answer why you won't find the playlists on Spotify here.
- Finally, the Mission page explains why there is no advertising cluttering the page.

If you use Facebook, we have a page that will help you remember to read the next post.

You could always decide to feed my music addiction and donate to the cause.  If you did, I will spend it only on music and even will buy the music you recommend if you tell me to.  Here's a Paypal donate button

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!