DBT #283 The Pete & Pat Show Playlist #2


Our little guys are NOT so little anymore as they are seven months old, and since I documented the music of their first ten episodes, let's take on the second ten as we just posted Episode 20 of their adventures yesterday.  I have to admit I have also put up reels with different music I found in the Instagram suggestions, but these all come from my library.

1) Episode Eleven - Kitchen Games "Come to My Kitchen" Delaney & Bonnie with Duane Allman.

I got this previously unreleased cover of Robert Johnson's song from Duane's Anthology II, and 22 of them are available on Discogs; sign up and buy one for yourself.  Yes they are still getting in cabinets and climbing the screen doors.  Pete is in the bag in this video, he's always the first one in any box that hits the floor.


2) Episode Twelve Erotic Stairs Purring

Sorry no music in this one, just happy purrs as we played on the stairs.  Right, I still have to pause to see if they want to bat at me as I walk up the stairs.


3) Episode Thirteen - Magic Carpet by Don Williams

This glitter cloth I put on the speakers during house concerts just to class up the place.  They pull it off the speakers and decided it was perfect to play and fight.  Kitty fights are the best and while Pete has always been smaller than Pat, he pile drives with the best of them.  The Don Williams song came off of a search in Discogs, and I have been picking up a few more of his older vinyl.  This song is on Harmony, and there are 32 available real cheap in Discogs.


4) Episode Fourteen - Guitar Strings and Tears for Hobbes.  Featured snippets from Guy Clark "The Guitar" and Taylor Swift's "Teardrops on my Guitar"

The episode came from my first string changing with the kittens and the fact I got a picture of them in my case.  I wanted to contrast it with how BIG Hobbes was filling up the entire case.  Taylor's song will always make me think of Mr. Hobbes.


5) Episode Fifteen - Problems with Glass - "Problems" - The Shandies

Right Dave loves to tease them by shutting them in the door but the window on the living room coffee table really threw Pat for a second.  Why can't he knock those of the table? (yes he's one of those cats nothing on a table is secure for his paw swipe)

Here's the music from The Shandies, a great duo from Springfield MO.



6) Episode Sixteen - Our First Xmas - "Santa Lost a Ho" by the Whiskeybelles

They boys got to play with twine from tying the tree to the car, Pete jumps in the artificial tree, and I gave them their own tree to play with.  The Whiskeybelles Christmas album "Nothing Says Christmas like Whiskey" is the best, you can get it here.


7) Episode Seventeen - Precious Ring - "I've Got Rings on My Fingers" - Anne Hills & Cindy Mangsen

Yes we found Dustin's old Lord of the Rings necklace and Pat loved it.  The song is from Anne and Cindy's second kid's album "Never Grow Up"  


8) Episode Eighteen - Help - Cover by Dolly Parton

Neither Pete or Pat were much help while we were taking down the tree, but Pat surprised me and did what Hobbes did once, "HE CLIMBED THE LADDER"  Right I did not put him up there.  We then didn't want to help him down.  Dolly covered the song on the album "Great Balls of Fire"


9) Episode Nineteen - Water Games - "Water" by Peter Mayer

Ok this is reel length of 1 minute so it's not a full song, here is where you can listen or buy the song from the Minnesota Peter Mayer:


Yes Pat is the one that begs for the water to be turned on whenever he sneaks into the bathroom with you. Yes he'll hang around while you shower to play in it after you are done too.  I do love how their orange fur really looks great in the guest bathroom.


10) Episode Twenty - Still Officially Kittens - "Middle Brother" by Middle Brother

Yes they are not done playing with anything.  I built a higher jungle gym, they were spotted playing hide and seek by the downstairs shower, and more water games that the human always turns the water on high.

Middle Brother is a favorite song, and yes I found it on Bandcamp.  There were four kittens in the litter and we took two of them; going to guess Pete the runt was probably also cursed to be the middle brother; but he's living a great life as just part of the twin series.




Next steps:

- Stop over to the Review page to my other most spinned and loved albums.
- Browse the rest of the blogs by stopping at this "Theme Page."
- Enjoy Tune Tuesday which brings you one song from a past blog post.
- See what other post have been most popular recently with our Stats Page.
- Find out who in the world thinks he has the authority to write this blog in the About.
- Let me answer why you won't find the playlists on Spotify here.
- Finally, the Mission page explains why there is no advertising cluttering the page.

If you use Facebook, we have a page that will help you remember to read the next post.

You could always decide to feed my music addiction and donate to the cause.  If you did, I will spend it only on music and even will buy the music you recommend if you tell me to.  Here's a Paypal donate button

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!