Daves Music Edition 3 Free Friday Bandcamp Edition


If you haven't seen me on my soapbox arguing that paying even $1.00 for a song on Bandcamp is NOT insulting to an artist, and that's because Spotify will wait until you have listened to a song 300 times before they send a $1.00 to them for royalties.  Let's put that into perspective for an average song of 3.5 minutes.  You would have to listen to the SAME song 17 hours for them to get paid a $1.00.

I don't have the time, and I really think the masses should be paying legit money to musicians for music.  So, here are TEN Songs that you should buy on Bandcamp Free Fee Friday May 7th. (Since the pandemic Bandcamp has been waiving their fees of 15% one day a month to support musicians, they have missed a ton of revenue and I love them for that.  They actually make money instead of Spotify who wastes money on paying for All Star Podcasts like Bruce Springsteen needs more money.)

Got to start with a Dylan Cover, this time it's me; but look past that and listen to the AWESOME fiddle by Randy Sabien.

Favorite line... "Momma ain't here tonight"  Great song Jasper!


Favorite line... "Go ahead and shoot me.."  proceeds go to food banks.


Favorite line.. "Mama gave breath, Daddy taught me to sing"  Love the use of the marimba. 


Heave up a shanty, you need a few in your collection.


Something about Leonard's Banjo means a lot to me.


Sometimes it's just Verse, Chorus, Verse.


Gillian is a long way from the Delta, but I think David has a tote full of ginseng strings.


They woke up and finally gave John a Grammy, and this was the song.


This tribute song should have gotten Grammy love too, so perfect.



These editions will feature music I own and using Bandcamp links are so easy.  Now put your music on Bandcamp and not that Spotify that pays you jack.  Follow me on Bandcamp

#MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!