DBT #285 Around Town Video Playlist Highlights

 



Now that I have over 280 Videos recorded and posted into my Around Town Playlist, I thought I should give you a post to find some of my favorites.  Of course I have very loose with Around Town, it's more like where ever I'm listening and recording live music.  I am notorious for trying to get into the front row so I can be discreet holding my phone in my lap lately; not to secretly record but to not take away the attention of either the audience or the artist from the music.  During our Bluff View House concert series, I've tried to remember to set up a tripod and record at least one song lately.  Sometimes, I'm having too much fun and record more.  If I get a good recording from the mixer board, I'll use that sound for the video too for some of the crispest audio you'll find on most similar videos in YouTube.  

Since I'll keep posting to the playlist, the link on the bottom will always take you to the top of the playlist; now what are my favorites?

1) Don't Think Twice it's Alright - The Wildwoods at the Pump House

Ok it's also one of three I just uploaded today, but my radio show always started with a Dylan cover and you are not going to find one much better than this one.  I loved getting the front row seat in a pretty crowded audience.  I liked how my effects of blending the still shots at the beginning worked too.  Chloe had an infectious smile while telling Andy jokes and all the while I thought she was the doppelganger to Jill Barber who is on my bucket list to see live someday.  So I thought I'd try to convince you too!



2) Tomatoes on the Vine - Luke Callen with Nunnery

Ha, there are three versions of Luke covering this song in my Around Town playlist, but let's give it up to Great River Folk Fest for sponsoring his album release show at the Rivoli.  Gracious it was as close as folk music would get to a Taylor Swift video extravaganzas.


3) Northwest Passage - Cassie & Maggie at The Main - An Event Space

Boy I love when musicians keep Stan Rogers music alive.  


4) Highway 9 - Barnaby Bright at the Bluff View

Boy it sure was great time with Barnaby Bright.  When I book a trio I turn the room around to give the a full wall to stretch out.  This song was an unreleased closer, and it was a great story of a preacher and prostitute; you know normal stuff.  The video was taken from the stairs landing, you know where the Muppet curmudgeons hang out.  You know these guys and they would have something to say about that story too.







5) Headed my Way - Weary Ramblers at the Bluff View

Here's a video from the stair landing to but of course the other direction.  Boy that night was awesome and it has turned into the best selling digital concert album from the Bluff View.



Sometimes I get lucky when picking a song to record, plus this time I went up close on Kat's side.  Wow; this will likely always be in a favorite video list.


7) Mississippi Valley by Cup O' Joe at the Trempealeau Hotel

Boy I thought I would do 12 videos to highlight and halfway through I'm still less than a year ago.  I could really have shared every video (I uploaded FIVE) from Cup O' Joe at my favorite hang out.


8) Do You Wanna Go Out With Me - Shanna in a Dress at Rocky Mountain Folks Fest

Right, I told you Around Town can take you 14 hours away from my home too; and boy did we love our first visit to the festival that we're going to do it back to back in 2024.  The reason we went there was to celebrate our friend Shanna winning the songwriter contest and getting a stage gig.  She tells me I might have been the only one to post a video from her set, and the playlist has two of them. Now in the song she completely describes herself, including being  Taylor Swift "Swiftie" and she would to co-write with her.  Pass it along if you have connections; or this BLOG!


9)  Jesus was a Drag Queen - Melody Walker  at Rocky Mountain Folks Fest

I posted 14 vides from the Folks Fest, so you can tell I was enjoying myself.  The Wildflower Pavilion was our favorite spot because it was shady spot to sit and listen to acoustic music.  Melody was a find from the weekend because while I loved Front Country, I had no idea she was the lead and they were broke up after the Pandemic.  She first came up and played with another surprise of the weekend Phoebe Hunt.  The video from their song "The Missing Stair" nearly went viral at 2,500 views to date.  Because Melody also plays in an unusual Bertha - Grateful Drag band, I thought these highlights deserved this song.  (Hey they even got booked to play Newport Folk Festival)



10) New World - Buffalo Rose at the Mile of Music - Appleton Beer Factory venue.

We spent two days this year at the MoM, and the first band we made it to was on my bucket list to see again for the first time since FARM 2022.  I so love how the vocals are so much a show at the same time as top notch harmony arrangements.  Margot and Lucy, oh my such sweethearts.


11) Glory Bound - The Wailin' Jenny's  at the Big Top plus highlights from our stay at Wild Rice Retreat

Ruth is my favorite Jenny, and when I found I took a video of just her, I thought it was a little creepy, so I added the Wild Rice photos to the mix.


12) Pharoh's Army - Seeger Sessions with Mr. Blink at Leo and Leona's

My favorite tribute concert that I've seen three times now.  Every time Mike (Mr. Blink) gets an incredibly talented group to join him.


Well dang it... 12 videos and I only got 8 months back from today.  I'm going to close this out and give you the LINK to listen to all 280+ videos.  I'll be back for Volume TWO that's for sure because good music has no expiration date!


Next steps:

- Stop over to the Review page to my other most spinned and loved albums.
- Browse the rest of the blogs by stopping at this "Theme Page."
- Enjoy Tune Tuesday which brings you one song from a past blog post.
- See what other post have been most popular recently with our Stats Page.
- Find out who in the world thinks he has the authority to write this blog in the About.
- Let me answer why you won't find the playlists on Spotify here.
- Finally, the Mission page explains why there is no advertising cluttering the page.

If you use Facebook, we have a page that will help you remember to read the next post.

You could always decide to feed my music addiction and donate to the cause.  If you did, I will spend it only on music and even will buy the music you recommend if you tell me to.  Here's a Paypal donate button

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!