DBT #298 Sundays

 


After Andy Hughes did Sunday Morning Coming Down during the Cash In Hand show at Great River Sound, Onalaska WI... I was thinking have I ever done a playlist just for Sunday.  I hadn't, though I had great one on Pick a Day way back on Edition No. 26.


Too funny I hadn't checked what Sunday song I put in the playlist, and of course it was the same one that I started this playlist with... "Sunday Kind of Love" by Kenny Rankin.


1) Sunday Kind of Love - Kenny Rankin

I know I keep saying if I had a top song list, this one would make it.  My romantic side loves Kenny's cover a song Etta James made popular.  Kenny's talking at the beginning, and the song is a slightly different arrangement than what's on the album; but it still slides you in the bed sheets, and say forget about waking up, have a cup of coffee, and just be happy.


2) Sunday Dress - Dala

I do believe I need more Dala in my library.


3) Six Ways to Sunday - Heather Waters

I do think that Heather is no longer touring, but I was lucky to host her twice at the Bluff View.

So there is no YouTube version of the song she has on Propeller, here's a snippet on Apple.


4) He Forgot it was Sunday - John Prine

Always a good day when John shows up in a playlist.


5) Sunday Morning - The Stray Birds

Be forewarned that this might get you of bed dancing, probably a mistake to put so early in the playlist  Ha.  I loved this album so much it got reviewed in Edition 68, and it's another group that's not touring anymore.  Life in the music business isn't easy.


6) Sunday Morning - David Francey

Boy I love David's voice; yes another Sunday morning song, just wait there's more.



7) Sunday Morning - Mike Ward

Here's a song from a friend.  While he's a great songwriter the words are his mother's poem.


And here he is live talking and singing about it, in a library... shsss. (just kidding)


8) Sunday Morning Coming Down - Andy Hughes

While my playlist has Andy's studio release from Heartland and Heartache (his only cover on the album) here's the song and video that inspired the playlist.


9) Sunday Blues - Andy Hughes and the Mighty Few

I really tell Andy or his label Broken Wrist Records that they need to be on Bandcamp, it's free easy and opens yourself up to a paying audience.


10) Sunday Best - Elizabeth Ghandour & The Heighburners

I miss this version of Elizabeth's music, now she's gone a totally different sound with Elour more of a new punk sound.  Yes that voice in the video is so polished, and yes at times she has a wonderful thowback Melanie feel.


11) Porch Swing Sundays - Jessica Malone

The song on my playlist comes from Jessica's concert at our house, you're lucky you get the band too.


12) I'll be Home on Sunday - The Gentlemen's Anti-Temperance League (GATL)

Love this band, and double love it when Kellie sings with them. 



Here's your ONE click playlist with all the songs but Heather's.


Next steps:

- Stop over to the Review page to my other most spinned and loved albums.
- Browse the rest of the blogs by stopping at this "Theme Page."
- Enjoy Tune Tuesday which brings you one song from a past blog post.
- See what other post have been most popular recently with our Stats Page.
- Find out who in the world thinks he has the authority to write this blog in the About.
- Let me answer why you won't find the playlists on Spotify here.
- Finally, the Mission page explains why there is no advertising cluttering the page.

If you use Facebook, we have a page that will help you remember to read the next post.

You could always decide to feed my music addiction and donate to the cause.  If you did, I will spend it only on music and even will buy the music you recommend if you tell me to.  Here's a Paypal donate button

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!