DBT #306 Rain Vol 2


As I sat thinking about tomorrow is Bandcamp Friday and I'll likely add hours of music to the library and feel like I gave back to the independent musicians trying to make a living; it dawned on me I need a playlist to listen to the music I added recently.  Well staring at me was my new vinyl import from a 2017 The Two Tracks record I just bought at the Great River Folk Fest.  "Rainy Day" yes it's raining outside and ok that should be easy to make a playlist.  Oh my this was fun and I didn't have to go back to any more music than what I added to the library in the last 12 months.  Of course, you know the blog and me; that doesn't mean it's all "new" music.  Yep I even have the old "Freewheelin' Bob" in the mix because I recently bought the vinyl and imported it.  Yes #GoodMusicHasNOExpirationDate 

Of course taking the approach of just scrolling back kind of assured I wasn't going to repeat any songs from Volume 1 that was April 2022 Edition #54.

1) Rainy Day - The Two Tracks

Yes, it sure was fun meeting Dave and Julie at the GRFF, and yes Lori gave me an evil eye when Julie sat down next to me and started talking. (before she was properly introduced, yep gorgeous women sit down and talk to me all the time in my dreams)


2) Rainy Day Blues - Willie Nelson

I picked up this 2006  Songbird cd recently at an Antique Center.


3) Even In The Rain - Cindy Kalmenson

I picked up two cds from Cindy at Rocky Mtn Folks Fest, and this 2002 "Witness" album isn't found on Bandcamp or YouTube.  You can buy it here if you are compelled to support another independent musician. 

4) A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall - Bob Dylan



5) Summer Rain - MonaLisa Twins

Ok so I clicked on a web ad for these sisters, and found myself quickly buying a two album download.  I'm a sucker for sibling harmonies.  They are on Bandcamp, but not this album.


6) Winter Rain - Cari Lacey

I don't remember why I went to Apple music to buy Cari's music, but this is a great song from her 2024 album.  The studio version is out in YouTube, but I had to share this live recording.  It's great no wonder I wanted to get her music in the library.  If I do remember how I ran into her, I'll come back and edit this post.


7) Rain- Richard Betts

This 1974 favorite was imported into the library when I did my Dickey Betts RIP Playlist No. 287.


8) West Virginia Rain - The Wildwoods

Oh yes they had a great concert at the Pump House, and my posted video of their cover "Don't Think Twice it's Alright" went viral for me and is now nearing 30k views.  While my library has a live cover, their live video is also awesome so I shared them both.



9) Midnight Rain - Taylor Swift

Yes I picked up her Midnights as I was trying to learn more about this pop mega songwriter; oh yeah she's popular and pretty so here's her live:


10) The Storm - Tret Fure

Another 2007 cd added to the library about six months ago; a great change of pace from Taylor's sound.


11) Early Morning Rain - Bob Dylan

Yes his often panned classic cover "Self Portrait" album was bought and imported this year.  Truly I think it's a great record to have in the library with that hint of Nashville sound.


12) Waiting for the Rain - David Stoddard and Karen Mal

Yes this was added back in September of 2023, when I proceeded to write the review of their Duets album in Edition no. 247.  Great way to end the playlist with a little humor, accordion, and harmony.


Here's you ONE Click playlist, and I'm hoping this little bit of rain brought joy into your life.

Next steps:

- Stop over to the Review page to my other most spinned and loved albums.
- Browse the rest of the blogs by stopping at this "Theme Page."
- Enjoy Tune Tuesday which brings you one song from a past blog post.
- See what other post have been most popular recently with our Stats Page.
- Find out who in the world thinks he has the authority to write this blog in the About.
- Let me answer why you won't find the playlists on Spotify here.
- Finally, the Mission page explains why there is no advertising cluttering the page.

If you use Facebook, we have a page that will help you remember to read the next post.

You could always decide to feed my music addiction and donate to the cause.  If you did, I will spend it only on music and even will buy the music you recommend if you tell me to.  Here's a Paypal donate button

#bestunknown #MusicBlog #GoodMusicHasNOExpirationDate




The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!