Dave's Music #57 Colors


I have done this theme before in a strictly Great River Folk Fest artists and recently I put a really really old playlist on to the phone.  I was listening to it in the car and went wow; these are really old but I haven't heard them in ages.  The playlist was called Yellow, mainly because I think it started with one of my all time favorite songs that no one has heard of Yellow by Charlotte Kendrick.  So let's start off the new playlist with it:

1) Yellow - Charlotte Kendrick

Well this song comes from North of New York and I did find Charlotte in one of the shortest Wikipedia pages ever, I just had to share it.  She still has a Facebook page, but hasn't posted to since 2018.  The duo she moved into Goodbye Blue also seems not to be touring. 








Again it goes to back our theme of Good Music has No Expiration Date.... and this song starts out with the nicest new year's resolution verse of hope has some of my favorite lines.

"we get caught up in our half empty cups" and then it's all about you...

"You stay up too late watching TV you hate and fall asleep on the couch wrapped in Yellow"

"It's not a race or contest, and if you are keeping score; you will always have less and they will always have more."


While I will continue to keep my eyes open to her music, I found her website linked song for Goodbye Blue probably gives a good indication they decided to stop touring and raise a family.  She does have such an easy voice to listen to.  Of course I bought the download, maybe you'll hear more from her; though without being on Bandcamp, I'm not sure how I'll share them.


I hope you enjoyed my diversion, that is my music life; back to the playlist.

2) Blue Eyed Moggie - Bill Bourne

How about a 1998 release from Canadian musician that I haven't listened to in ages.  The simplicity of this song is so much fun with a great harmony in the chorus.  So happy to find him in Bandcamp, will see if there more gems I want to add to the library.  He has a John Hiatt sound with of course his own style of songwriting.


3) Blue Mountains of Mexico - Jennifer Warnes

You take one of my favorite voices, add a Ian Tyson song, a gentle accordion, and nylon string plucking, and I end up with a song I absolutely fell in love with; then learned it in my own way though I never put up a cover video.... YET.


UPDATE FOR TUNE Tuesday:

After Ian passed away I thought of featuring this song, and the only live recording of it is wonderfully rare and under 100 views now.



4) Red Right Hand - Nick Cave

Excited for the June release of Peaky Blinders last season, but over the weekend we went to see Sandra Bullock's "Lost City", and this song was in it too:


5) Red Meets Blue - Matt Wertz

Two colors in one song, Ha.  I'm not sure why I had his 2003 release in the library, and of course he doesn't have it in his Bandcamp page.  I did find this nice video though.


6) One Red Rose - Iris Dement (John Prine Tribute)

Such a contrast to John's song, she makes it feel that she wrote it.


A new addition for a FLASHBACK Friday edition, this video needs more love.  I did wonder what festival would have a grand piano on stage, yep the great Kate Wolf would have loved this:


7) Stupid White Dress - Michelle Cashman

I did add this to the library AFTER I did the playlist on Dresses, so while it make the second edition, for now it stands out distinctive for being white and we all know the backstory.  Michelle is alive with kind of being pissed off in this song.  (This song is not available in YouTube for the added playlist.)


8) Green Eyed American Actress - Jesse Woods

I think like this guy, I fall in love with so many actresses and their beautiful eyes; though I only meet them on the screen only.  The relationships end, mine with the flick of a button.


9) Purple Glow - Natalia Zukerman

Hey songwriters, my library has so few songs with purple; luckily I have this great story from Natalia who I met once at the Great River Folk Fest.  


Natalia's release is so wonderful to also include stories behind the song:


Added for FLASHBACK Friday and sorry it's not in new YT Playlist because she has her settings saved as for children... (I know one weird thing YT does)


10) Long Black Electric Cadillac - John Hiatt with the Jerry Douglas Band

An old feeling song with modern technology... and we fade to black.  We'll be back to this playlist theme, because it's fun and we left a lot of songs off.


Wow added a great new video of the song for FLASHBACK Friday


And yes here's the new video playlist for a one click sensation:




Hope you loved the journey.  You can find and follow us on Facebook  and as always Good Music has NO Expiration Date, so if you are listening to this ten years from now, it still will be awesome music.  If this is a first time visit, check out the index of themes for past Reviews and Playlist editions.

 #MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate #LPDualRate #musicblog #Mixtheme #musicblogger #playlist #musicislife #musiclife #musicvideo #blog #musiclover #musicindustry #songlist #notonspotify #newmusicalert #musiclovers #instamusic #explorepage #musicreview #singer #artist #musicians #musicnews #blogger #Americana #bandcamp

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!