Dave's Music #167 Rainbows

 


Today's playlist was sure fun to put together, and while the inspiration and the song that immediately comes to mind is truly classic and special, the playlist is another eclectic gem that allows me to listen to some new and old favorites and some deeper dives into the library.

1) Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Allison Young

First let's look into what particular song inspired the search of the library, Allison Young's video cover of the song with the Lockeland Strings.  Now you might say, "Dave how do you have a video only in your library?"  Well it's because I'm now a Patreon of Allison and she passes along downloads of the audio from select videos.   Many of her videos knock my socks off, including this one:


Frankly I'm still learning about her, and I have only known about her since I found her in a search for Honey Pie on the Monday Playlist "National Pie Day"  While I'm puzzled how she has grown her YouTube Subscribers to 138,000+, she deserves it AND you get a plaque from YouTube when you hit 100,000.  Just click here to see the picture on IG and start following her too.


It's been an interesting week for my heart, I both fell in love with Allison Young's music (ok everything about her too), and Attorney Woo Young Woo on the Netflix show Extraordinary Attorney Woo.  No wonder my head is filled with rainbows, funny with Woo it's filled with whales.  I HIGHLY recommend you watch this series if you have a little soft side in you.


Ok back to the music... sure I had an idea of rainbows, but I didn't want ten versions of the classic song.  To my surprise what came us was awesome.

2) Rainbow - Beth Bombara

Having every song Beth has released does help get her in playlists, and this song comes from her 2010 release and has just a right amount pedal steel; and like the picture I choose for this playlist, Beth is doing some painting to:

You’re like a rainbow, painted in my mind
A rainbow at the end of the line
A rainbow that I could touch if I tried
That I’ve been waiting for all this time



An instrumental from this great band from Wisconsin's up north, not touring anymore; and many members stay in orchestra for the Big Top Chautauqua.  I figured I would have an issue finding that rare song from a 1982 release, but if you like to listen to the band they did have a re-union show at the Big Top, click the picture to listen it will not be in the playlist post at the end because it's 50+ minutes long.

4) Rainbow - SHEL

One of my favorite sister group who also isn't touring much anymore, but they are sisters and young so I'm hoping to see them together again.


5) Rainbow - G. Love & Jack Johnson

The song I have in the library for this came from a Paste Magazine subscription, but I found an awesome acoustic video of them doing the song.


6) At the End of the Rainbow - Sierra Ferrell

Over at the end of the rainbow is this jazzy country number from this jinglin-jangling gypsy from Charleston, West Virginia.


Boy she looks like fun to see live... bucket list again.


7) The Rainbow - Peter Mayer

The MN master of poetry and the guitar.  I own the cd not in bandcamp, but he does have other music out there to buy; so you get a live recording from a garage (Pretty cool one at that).


8) Rainbow Mid Life's Willow - Willi Carlisle

The closing track on his Peculiar Missouri album I reviewed in 2022; and similar to what I said back then, it's a haunting sparse Celtic styled tune with him on the fiddle.  I looked and found this other video that you have to listen to. Who needs to dance around and spend money on show choir outfits when you can sing like this.  What a beautiful choir and song selection and they noted,

"An Appalachian ballad based on the singing of Almeida Riddle"



9) Chasing Rainbows - Corn Potato String Band

Ok an Appalachian tune should be followed by a string band even though it has more of a vaudeville sound.


Cool I got a great live video too; so glad for Miss Moonshine who recorded it for her channel.  (Yes I hope you all subscribe and thank her)


10) Over the Rainbow - Sarah Morris

We're going to bookend the playlist with the same classic; this time by a friend from the Twin Cities.  She put out this great cover album back in 2010 and it's truly a favorite of mine.


Yes I love to promise and fulfill a request of a ONE Click YouTube Playlist, and here you go.


Here are the cd covers for the playlist too:



Click here to see the past releases. You can find and follow us on Facebook  and as always Good Music has NO Expiration Date, so if you are listening to this ten years from now, it still will be awesome music.  If this is a first time visit, check out the index of themes for past Reviews and Playlist editions and for the Reviews alone, click here.  Find out why I do this here,  who I am here, and why I hate Spotify here.

 #MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate #LPDualRate #musicblog #Mixtheme #musicblogger #playlist #musicislife #musiclife #musicvideo #blog #musiclover #musicindustry #songlist #notonspotify #newmusicalert #musiclovers #instamusic #explorepage #musicreview #singer #artist #musicians #musicnews #blogger #Americana #bandcamp










The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!