Dave's Music #9 I've got the blues



When I started organizing this post it was raining and I thought it would be appropriate to reach into my love of a good blues song.  So first let's get some sugar in our bowl with a great cd that would have never happened if the pandemic didn't hold up Miss Tess and Thomas Bryan Eaton in the same house playing acoustic live streamed shows on their antique guitar collection.  This Parlor Sounds is an incredible mix of Tess's vocals and both can play chops on those old guitars on the songs that had been released before in a much more produced ways.


I grew up a huge Allman Brothers Band fan, and really have almost all of the vinyls they have released.  When I ran into this jazz musician mix of their music, it was so familiar and fresh at the same time.


And now don't let your guard down, the blues are coming for you just like were for Jake La Botz


Of course the blues came come to you with a gospel tinge and offer to just come on in.  War & Treaty are genre busting duo from Nashville, look them up they are good.


Then when you mix the sultry voice of Norah Jones with a country blues song from Waylon Jennings, you get a song you don't want to get over. 


A good old 70's blues song can be reimagined by Wood and Bone.  Blues even with a banjo.


Back to my roots American Aquarium keep the 70's southern rock sound alive,  I was lucky to find them maybe I was working hard to find new music.


I love Jeff Plankenhorn's slide sound just like the Allman Brothers, and why not for a second song featuring Ruthie Foster.


Ok some rich throw back blues about the leak I have to deal with my bathtub... but was the leak that in Johnny Taylor's drain?


So now don't sit around and feel lonely for yourself, get up and walk around with Annie Mack.  I get a chance to Aug 28th when she comes down to the Great River Folk Fest and plays our Saturday night concert.



These editions will feature music I own and using Bandcamp links are so easy.  Now put your music on Bandcamp and not that Spotify that pays you jack.  Follow me on Bandcamp

#MusicHasNOExpirationDate #MusicDiscoveryDate

The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!