DBT #300 Top Fan & My Favorite Posts


Well look at where we're at!  We've reached 300 posts, nearly 75k views, 725 Facebook followers, 989 Instagram followers and 610 YouTube subscribers; just call me a Lucky Dog.  If you are a newbie, please subscribe to FB or IG and it will help you know about posts; I suppose I should start an email list just for the blog.  You would need to push me to do that with a comment or two.

I noted in post 100 a playlist about friends and so many of my friends are whispers of digital contacts; and I'm good with that.  I'll follow you, comment on your posts to increase the algorithms, but I don't see this as necessary quid pro quo; it's my gift back to you for being in an industry that doesn't pay you fairly.  (My gospel on Spotify still gets 7 views a week)

So to celebrate this post let's start off with the top dozen posts viewed by fans.


And while I've gotten lazy in my Stat page not to put links, let's have some fun here.


Yes my friend David put out a great song to rival Eddie Allen's legendary song about the hotel.



Ericka Lynn Guthrie put on an awesome show at Leo & Leona's and this post has some great video memories.


3) #125 FARM Highlights

Our first Folk Alliance conference and so many new voices that I started following, and had a chance to meet some I was already following.  Yes we started working on booking Stone & Snow at the conference, decided to book Jaspar Lepak after her mini concert, and absolutely fell in love with Buffalo Rose and more.

4) #195 Hope Dunbar - "You Let the Light In"

My highest ranked album review.  What a sweet album and I'm so happy to have met Hope at the 2024 Moccasin Creek Fest.  Looking forward to her next album I bought on Kickstarter, it will have this great song on "Daryl Eugene Strawberry" that I recorded at the fest.

5) #252 "Immigrant Songs" Wolf Loescher

Wolf did such a wonderful collection of songs on a terribly decisive subject.  When did we think we were a Christian nation that wouldn't help the poor immigrant?

6) #153 Top 2022 Songs & Albums  

When you add 10 days of music to your library, you feel compelled to sift through that and talk about the favorites; both brand new music and old music added new to the library.

7) #40 The Calico Stray

The second post that I explored a single album, and later stored them all in my Reviews page.  A random search in Bandcamp connected me to the album and ultimately two of my favorite follows with Caitlin and Claire.  Someday, I hope to give each a hug when I meet them in real life and not just digital.  Yes the popularity of this post inspired me to do more reviews.  Plus these sisters are way too cool.


8) #193 Daisy Jane Inspired

Yes a playlist inspired by an awesome TV show; Daisy Jones & the Six.

9) #247 "It's a Complicated Life" - The Two Tracks

A killer Americana band from Wyoming.

10) #216 Sarah Morris - "Here's to You"

A great songwriter from the Twin Cities, who almost played our house concert series but the Covid devil interrupted it.

11) #96 Morningbird - "Cosmic Escape"

After I met them at Moccasin Creek 2022 fest backing up Charlie Roth, and later fell in love with their little EP.

12) #196 Stop by the House

While recaps and reviews tend to get more views, my love is still themed playlists; so the top 12 had two listed.

Ok now it's like a parent picking their favorite child, but few have 299 to pick from; here we go:

Three Reviews that are special to me


1) #153 Emily Scott Robinson - Built on Bones

Oh my, I love this women's songwriter chops, and here she wrote six songs "Witches of Shakespeare's MacBeth.  She lives within 20 minutes of Rocky Mountain Folks Fest, and this will be our second visit in 2024 and still they haven't booked her.



One of the best live bands to see EVER.



Well of course I had to pick a review that I was also the recording studio; so many grateful buyers in Bandcamp too.  All the proceeds go straight to the artists.  I felt happy about that success because the audience was smaller than I would have liked for such and awesome night.  I first met these two at a now defunct "Storyhill Fest 2022"

Ok now the tougher of the two, my favorite playlists:


Somebody remember when I pass away, here's my wake playlist.


I played this playlist so often in the car that my wife said enough already.  Recently I went back to it, and she loved it too and had forgotten about it.



3) Eyes (Vol 1 and Vol 2)

Boy I love the window to your soul, eyes is my favorite subject.

Now I use a lot of images of Album covers generated by iTunes, but I also pay for an expensive subscription to Adobe Stock photos.  All three of the playlist photos above were some of my favorite too, but here are a few more I loved.





Well I think that was a fun to go back and see the music that has touched me for the last two plus years; I hope you enjoyed the journey.

Next steps:

- Stop over to the Review page to my other most spinned and loved albums.
- Browse the rest of the blogs by stopping at this "Theme Page."
- Enjoy Tune Tuesday which brings you one song from a past blog post.
- See what other post have been most popular recently with our Stats Page.
- Find out who in the world thinks he has the authority to write this blog in the About.
- Let me answer why you won't find the playlists on Spotify here.
- Finally, the Mission page explains why there is no advertising cluttering the page.

If you use Facebook, we have a page that will help you remember to read the next post.

You could always decide to feed my music addiction and donate to the cause.  If you did, I will spend it only on music and even will buy the music you recommend if you tell me to.  Here's a Paypal donate button


The Top Four Posts in the Last Year!